Let yourself be filled with WONDER this summer by connecting with our awesome community!
Great Places and Spaces for Your Child, Teen and Family to Enjoy this Summer (Subsidies are available for children and youth who need support).
1. Change Adventure Camps – Fuelling Your Body for Adventure
CHANGE Adventure Camps
CHANGE Adventure Camp is a summer day camp experience that provides a week of FREE activities. Children will learn alongside of doctors, medical students, and teachers about nature, nutrition and how to stay physically active in their community. The camp will run at the 2 locations in Parkland County and will explore the surrounding community parks. We are inviting children aged 9-12 years old to join the fun.
July 17th – 21st or
July 24th – 28th
Lions Log Cabin in Spruce Grove
August 14th – 18th or
August 21st – 25th
University of Alberta Botanical Gardens
To register for change camps, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See more great youth programs at: http://www.sprucegrove.org/programs_events/programs/fcss_programs/youth.htm
2. Pop-Up Playground Spruce Grove and Play Around Town Stony Plain
FREE Supervised and Supported Play Spaces!
Contact: Stony Plain Community and Protective Services
|When||Tuesdays and Wednesdays|
|Where||Tuesdays:||Westerra West Playground|
|1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||1706 Westerra Loop|
|Wednesdays:||Stony Plain Outdoor Pool Park|
|1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||5210 – 55 Avenue|
Send us an email or call 780-962-7579.
|Weekday||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
|Monday||Woodhaven Middle School|
|Tuesday||Living Waters Christian Academy School|
|Thursday||Century Crossing Park|
3. Live in Parkland County? Join an Alberta Parenting for the Future Association Summer Camp for $40 for a full week of fun!
Cindy Davies or Paul St. Arnaud at 780-968-3233 or email@example.com
4. Stony Plain Youth Centre
Contact SPYC at (780) 968-3846
Mantracker, West Ed Water Park, Highlevel Street Car and SO MUCH MORE!!!
5. TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre www.trileisure.com
TLC Ultimate Summer Day Camps
Contact the TLC at 780-960-5080
***Subsidies available through the Tri-Area Health and Wellness Foundation
TLC Athlete Development Project
Small group multi-sport training, Hockey and Volleyball specific camp options.
6. Alberta Parenting for the Future Play Mobs!
- Weekly surprises and prizes. All Play Mobs run from 10 – 11:30 am.
- Like the apfa Facebook page and on Thursday morning at 9am we will announce where the fun and magic will take place! It could be Stony Plain or Spruce Grove.
- Wednesdays we will play in Parkland County. You can call the office in advance for these locations and maybe make a day of it with the family in beautiful Parkland County.
- Contact apfa at (780) 963-0549
Spruce Grove Writing Camps
Calling all authors and poets, reporters and screen writers, graphic novelists and storytellers…this is the “write” camp for you to get started down your literary path. SGPL Summer Writing Camp is the perfect place if you love to write, have a collection of work you’d like to improve, want to create something new and just have a great time writing! Using fun and interactive writing prompts and exercises, we will help you get started, edit, revise, and get started again. By the end of each week, you will have “published” your words, learned how to promote your work, and be ready to complete more writing projects on your own.
Stony Plain Public Library – Summer Fun for Ages 2-14!
Nerf Nights, Summer Reading Programs, and Wood Carving…